Westminster City Council Apprenticeships
It’s never too early to start to think about your future. Join us for one of our apprenticeship programmes and gain the best experience in helping you achieve your future career.
We are looking for people who are passionate about a career in local government. We’re not focused on your qualifications or work experience, but on whether you have the drive, commitment and ideas. We have already had a large number of apprentices successfully complete our programme and many have gone on to secure roles within the Council.
Our apprenticeship programmes last for 12 months or longer, depending on the qualification, and have lots to offer, including:
- a competitive apprenticeship salary (£8.87 for Level 3)
- a nationally recognised qualification
- valuable hands-on experience working alongside experts
- guidance and career support every step of the way
Westminster apprenticeships are a great way to continue your education but within a workplace environment, perfect for school or college leavers or people returning to work. You might have some work experience or none at all.
We are looking for fresh new talent from all walks of life who can flourish with us here at Westminster.
If you are not successful Westminster Adult Education Service will work with you to help find other suitable vacancies, training or experience.
2 x Early Years Apprentices
36 hrs per week, term-time only
Salary: £16,842pa pro-rata (Actual salary: £14,484 pa)
2 year fixed-term contract in the first instance
Edward Wilson Primary school is a culturally rich community in North Westminster, set within attractive grounds close to Little Venice, Paddington and Marylebone mainline stations and the A40. We are a popular, forward thinking school with strong parental engagement and we are looking to appoint two apprentices to work alongside qualified staff in our Nursery (age rage 3-4).
The successful candidate will:
- be motivated to work as part of a team in a large multicultural school
- support children in play and learning activities
- have good written and spoken English and basic numeracy
- demonstrate excellent attendance, reliability and punctuality.
In return, we can offer you:
- experience, support and guidance in working towards an accredited Early Years qualification
- a working environment where senior leaders and governors are committed to staff professional development and well-being.
Please note that we are unable to consider applications from candidates under 18 years of age.
Visits are warmly welcomed by arrangement through the School Business Manager, Carol Rowlands. Tel: 0203 214 3930 or email email@example.com
Closing date – 12pm Wednesday 10 July 2019 Shortlisting - Wednesday 10 July 2019 Interviews - Monday 23 July and Tuesday 24 July – to be confirmed.
Download the Job Description.
To apply for this vacancy, please download the Application Form and EO Form. When you have completed your application, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, CV’s will not be accepted for these posts.
Edward Wilson Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS is required for the successful applicants.