Westminster City Council Apprenticeships
It’s never too early to start to think about your future. Join us for one of our apprenticeship programmes and gain the best experience in helping you achieve your future career.
We are looking for people who are passionate about a career in local government. We’re not focused on your qualifications or work experience, but on whether you have the drive, commitment and ideas. We have already had a large number of apprentices successfully complete our programme and many have gone on to secure roles within the Council.
Our apprenticeship programmes last for 12 months or longer, depending on the qualification, and have lots to offer, including:
- a competitive apprenticeship salary (£8.80 for Level 3)
- a nationally recognised qualification
- valuable hands-on experience working alongside experts
- guidance and career support every step of the way
Westminster apprenticeships are a great way to continue your education but within a workplace environment, perfect for school or college leavers or people returning to work. You might have some work experience or none at all.
We are looking for fresh new talent from all walks of life who can flourish with us here at Westminster.
And if you are not successful Westminster Adult Education Service will work with you to help find other suitable vacancies, training or experience.
Business Support Apprentice – Level 3 – Early Year’s Department – Reference 09
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the Early Years education sector and develop knowledge and administration and customer liaison skills within this busy department.
• To provide administrative support to the Early Years team within the Children’s Services delivery unit
by provision of general support to the Team
• Carrying out a range of administrative duties, both predetermined and as and when necessary
• Be able to prioritise a number of various and simultaneous tasks
• Manage the day to day running of the office and provide a comprehensive support facility
• Assist in provision of appropriate administrative systems to support the work of the service/team –contribute to team meetings; co-ordinate team diary; ensure the team are kept up to date with relevant documentation and that users have appropriate access
• To undertake any such additional duties that is reasonably commensurate with the level of this post
36 hours per week £8.97 per hour – 26 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays).
The full Job Description for this post is below.
Please ensure you complete an Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form if you wish to apply for this post. Please ensure your personal statement reflects the requirements listed in the person specification.
The closing date for this post is 9am Thursday 28 June 2018
Successful candidates will be asked to attend an assessment with the Apprenticeship Team for this post before they attend an interview.