Traineeships are designed to support 19 to 24-year-olds who are looking for work. Trainees will be given the opportunity to work directly with an employer to gain work experience, whilst also studying towards recognised qualifications with WAES.
WAES are offering Traineeships in the following pathways:
- Graphic Design
- Business Administration
- Customer Care
Click here to find out more about these Traineeships
WAES also offer a range of other opportunities for 19 to 24-year-olds – find out more here.
During the study period all Trainees will work towards:
- A formal qualification in a vocational subject including technical skills development
- An employability qualification including soft skills development
- English and maths qualifications (if required**)
- Gaining 70 plus hours of high-quality work experience with a supportive Employer.
Once the traineeship has been completed WAES will coach, support and develop Trainees to progress on their chosen career path through either:
- Full or part time employment
- Apprenticeship programme
- Full or part time study at a higher level.
Support for Trainees from WAES includes:
- Writing successful applications
- Writing focused cover letters
- Interview skills
- Preparing an enticing CV
- Maximising your skills and achievements
- Confidence building
- Having access to impartial careers advice
- Support with travel expenses
- Provide in work equipment and/or clothing as required.
All of the programmes have been designed with input from employers, and employers are actively recruiting to fill the traineeship roles. Guaranteed interviews are also available.
[* If a trainee holds either GCSE maths and English at Grace C or 4 and above OR has a Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English development will not be required.]
[*** WAES can support staff development by offering programmes to upskills staff in the workplace]
See our frequently asked questions.