Research has shown that families are the first and most important teachers.
Family Learning helps parents and carers gain confidence and skills to provide vital support for their children's development and wellbeing. We encourage families to engage better with schools and to feel more confident working and communicating with teachers. Our workshops explain the UK school curriculum and how children learn and develop. Family Learning helps parents raise children's attainment and provides a good foundation for an exciting learning journey.
Our workshops include:
- Maths in KS2 – calculations
- Maths in KS2 – reasoning
- ESOL for parents – pre-entry to entry 2 mixed ability
- Phonics in schools – what children learn and how to support your child
- Everyday English for Parents New to the UK (EAL)
- UK Schools
- Family First aid
- UK Phonics (for adults)
- Art and craft making together
- Maths for fun - make puzzles, 3D structures and toys while developing maths skills
- Bookstart creations
All our workshops and courses are FREE. Check out some of our courses below. We deliver in schools, family hubs, libraries, WAES centres and at community events in Westminster.
Are you a parent or carer? Ask about us at your child’s school and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and the Community Team will get in touch with you.
Are you a school? Contact Harriet Amos to discuss what we could deliver for you at email@example.com