What is the course about?
Explore the creative possibilities of drawing and painting. Increase confidence and learn a range of skills and techniques. Learn key drawing and painting elements; line, tone, value, colour relationships, perspective. Working from observation and looking, you will compose and structure drawings and paintings using a variety of media including acrylic paint, pencil and charcoal.
Is a pre-enrolment interview or assessment required for this course?
What level is the course and do I require particular skills, experience or prior qualifications?
The course is suitable for any skill level and will be beneficial to those with previous experience or those without.
What topics does the course cover?
- The use of tone, value, line and colour
- Structuring a painting and how to plan a composition
- How to use materials and processes associated with drawing and painting
- The work of other artists and how this can inform creative decisions
- How to use measurement and how to transfer an image to a surface for painting
How will I be taught and assessed?
You will be taught by demonstration, practical application, one to one tuition and group discussion.
Are there any other costs or equipment I need to get?
There are no additional costs. All materials are included.
By the end of the course what should I be able to do?
- Make accurate representational drawings from observation
- Plan a balanced composition and edit an image
- Use the works of others to provide ideas and stimulation for further enquiry
- Prepare surfaces and use materials and processes to support creative decisions
- Use acrylic paint to communicate visual phenomena and represent visual appearances
What are the progression opportunities following this course?
Course outline coming soon