What is the course about?
On this short course, you will learn an introduction to printmaking techniques including monotype, collagraph and linocut. This course is ideal for beginners wanting to learn the basics of these technique and who want to develop their art practise in new directions.
Is a pre-enrolment interview or assessment required for this course?
What level is the course and do I require particular skills, experience or prior qualifications?
This course is designed for complete beginners with an interest in printmaking and would like to know more. You don’t need any prior experience.
What topics does the course cover?
- Learn an introduction to printmaking techniques including monotype, collagraph and linocut
- Producing plates and making prints
- Creating a portfolio of prints in a variety of sizes and techniques
How will I be taught and assessed?
One to one tuition, group tuition, demonstrations, evaluation and assessment which will include personal learning targets based on previous experience and progress during the course. Every week the tutor provides hand-outs of the new methods taught.
Are there any other costs or equipment I need to get?
Materials are provided for the course.
By the end of the course what should I be able to do?
- Explore a range of printmaking techniques (monotype/ collagraph/ linocut)
- Be independent in producing templates and prints
- Create a consistent portfolio of prints in a variety of sizes and techniques
What are the progression opportunities following this course?
You can develop your skills or knowledge on one of our specialist short courses, or take an accredited course in Fine Art starting in September or April.