What is the course about?
This Level 3 Gateway Diploma is a 24 week course that will develop your skills in Digital Marketing and Social Media for E-Commerce. This course will prepare you for employment within different roles in the digital and creative industries and in other industries that require specific digital and IT skills within Social Media for E-Commerce.
Is a pre-enrolment interview or assessment required for this course?
Yes, please contact our customer services before enrolling.
What level is the course and do I require particular skills, experience or prior qualifications?
This is a Level 3 course and is suitable for learners with previous experience in digital marketing, or those who have completed the Level 2 Award in Digital Marketing, or equivalent.
Level 1 or above English and Maths, and basic computer skills and digital platform knowledge are required for this course.
What topics does the course cover?
- Project Management (Social Media for Ecommerce)
- Content Management Systems
- Content Marketing
- Digital Graphics and Animation
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing Metrics and Analytics
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
How will I be taught and assessed?
This course is delivered one day and one evening per week for 24 weeks with a combination of face-to-face and online sessions, studio practical skills, plus directed study time. The course will develop your knowledge of Digital Marketing through discussion, demonstrations, group work, and practical exercises and projects.
Please note this course will run on Wednesdays, 9.30-4.30pm, with additional online sessions on Thursday evenings, from 6-8pm.
Are there any other costs or equipment I need to get?
You must have access to a computer so you can complete homework at home. You must be able to download, install and work via Microsoft TEAMS.
Other costs include an investment in your time to complete self-directed study outside of the tutor led activities, around 4-6 hours per week.
By the end of the course what should I be able to do?
- Understand the principles of project management and the methodologies used by organisations to manage IT projects.
- Understand how organisations use Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Understand the role of content marketing in business.
- Understand the uses and characteristics of digital graphics and animation.
- Understand the role of digital marketing and how it helps an organisation to achieve its goals.
- Understand the sales funnel in digital marketing.
- Understand the role of social media in digital marketing.
What are the progression opportunities following this course?
This course will prepare you for employment within different roles in the digital and creative industries and in other industries that require specific digital and IT skills within Social Media for E-Commerce.