What is the course about?
On this short course you will learn how to use Adobe Photoshop to create printed textile designs and repeat prints from hand painted, drawn or digital elements.
Is a pre-enrolment interview or assessment required for this course?
What level is the course and do I require particular skills, experience or prior qualifications?
This course is for beginners. Good computer skills are desirable but not essential.
What topics does the course cover?
- How to scan images and artwork into the computer
- How to use Adobe Photoshop to create printed textile designs and repeat prints
- Options for Printing possibilities for textiles on paper and cloth
How will I be taught and assessed?
Through demonstrations, discussions, workshop practice, one to one instruction and guidance.
Are there any other costs or equipment I need to get?
Please bring some hand painted, drawn or digital elements to use scan in class, as well as a notebook, pen and pencil
By the end of the course what should I be able to do?
- Scanning images and artwork
- Use Adobe Photoshop to create printed textile designs and repeat prints
- Know what possibilities there are for printing textiles on paper and cloth
What are the progression opportunities following this course?
You can develop your skills further on one of our short courses or take an accredited course in fashion starting in September.