Floristry courses in London
Flowers play a major part in the UK economy: the UK fresh cut flower and indoor plant retail sector is worth more than £2bn.
Our courses are ideal for complete beginners who are thinking about a career in floristry or for people who are already working in floristry. We also have a range of short courses for those who want to enjoy arranging and working with flowers at home.
Learn traditional and contemporary floral arrangements, corsages, hand-tied bouquets, colour theory, composition and much more.
Our tutors are professional practising florists and are well qualified to teach the basic enterprising skills such as costing and quality checking that form part of the courses.
How we are keeping our learners safe
- We are limiting the numbers of staff and learners in the building so that we can keep everyone safe.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout the building.
- Learners are requested to wear a face mask in corridors and common areas, and are welcome to wear a mask in class, if they prefer.
- Learners must wear their WAES ID at all times.
- Teachers will carry out an induction on health & safety issues and the new studio protocols.
- The drinking fountains and vending machines have been decommissioned, so staff and learners must bring their own refreshments.
- Greater emphasis will be placed on cleaning communal tools and equipment.
How to enrol
- Select your preferred course and then click on the Availability & Booking tab
- Decide on your preferred start date and click on the 'Apply' button next to the course details
- On the online application system, you will need to create a registration by clicking on 'Create an Account' or log in if you already have an account
- Once you have completed your online application, you will be able to select an interview date.
If you are having problems with the application system, or need advice and guidance, please call 020 7297 7297 or email us on email@example.com
Floristry qualification courses
Floristry short courses
Fisun Houssein is the course tutor for Floristry courses at Westminster Adult Education Service.
A trained and qualified Florist with industry experience in diverse roles, lead me to gain a passion for teaching. Passing on knowledge and skills to others within an industry that brings such emotion and creativity.
Floristry has allowed me to use my skills and knowledge to create for everyday occasions, seasonal events and large-scale events.
Having owned my own business and worked with high profile companies in managerial roles, teaching was a natural progression that I have embraced for that past ten years teaching Levels 1,2 & 3.
"Journey with us at Waes to bring to life designs using beautiful flowers and foliage's."