Train for Employment in Westminster
If you are currently unemployed and looking for work we have several employability programmes designed to help you to develop your skills, gain new qualifications and boost your CV.
All programmes are delivered in class and are workbook-based qualifications accredited by a national awarding body or exam-based qualifications accredited by a national awarding body.
All employability programmes are free of charge if you are in receipt of benefits. If you are interested, please contact your Job Centre Plus (JCP) Coach who will refer you to our next available course.
Level 1 Digital Skills for Work
This single unit qualification is designed to help you develop the digital skills that will support you in getting into work and performing your job roles effectively.
In this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Find current, relevant and reliable information required for work-related tasks.
- Organise files and folders efficiently.
- Create and save documents and sound, image or video files, as appropriate to the work context, following workplace conventions for format and layout.
- Use different applications to enter, edit, format, enhance and save work-related information including text, numerical data, graphics and images as appropriate to the task.
- Use appropriate modes of online communication in a work context, suitable for different audiences and purposes.
- Identify online risks and threats and ways that an organisation can protect themselves from these.
- Identify and apply solutions to common technical problems, drawing on appropriate sources of help when needed.
You will be taught in class on site in one of our computer suites. You will complete workbooks that are assessed by your Tutor. You will need to successfully complete the workbook in order to gain your certificate.
Forthcoming course dates:
- 20/02/2023 - 24/02/2023
- 02/05/2023 - 05/05/2023
- 03/07/2023 - 07/07/2023