Westminster Adult Education Service provides learning and training support for any business.
Our Apprenticeships programme develops the skills of your workforce effectively and delivers training options that are designed around your business needs, not off-the-shelf training packages, whilst your business focuses on providing the professional work environment. Whether you are a sole trader or a multi-national, well-trained employees will keep your business healthy.
Apprenticeships is a way for young people and adult learners to earn while they learn in a real job, gaining a real qualification and a real future. Hiring apprentices helps businesses to grow their own talent by developing a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
Benefits to employers:
- Employers say that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications;
- There were more than 250,000 employer workplaces with an apprentice in 2014/15;
- Apprenticeships boost productivity to businesses by on average £214 per week;
- Apprenticeships enable businesses to grow their skills base resulting in increased profits,
- lower prices and better products.
Apprenticeship are a work-based training programme, which encompasses substantial training and the development of transferrable soft skills. Apprenticeships are available to new and existing employees and usually take between 1-4 years to complete, depending on the level and course. Most apprenticeships are delivered entirely in the workplace, with some exceptions.
Qualified and expert assessors provide excellent pastoral support for apprentices during workplace reviews and throughout the programme, visiting the apprentice at least once a month to review their progress and set new targets.
Most apprentices develop their interpersonal, communication and employability skills extremely well, and many undertake additional qualifications that complement their main area of study. They tend to be motivated, flexible and loyal to the company that invests in them.
Apprenticeships help your business develop the specialist skills you need to keep pace with the latest working practices and technology in your sector.
Facts and figures:
- 87% of employers said they were satisfied with their apprenticeship programme;
- 76% of employers say that productivity has improved;
- 75% of employers reported that apprenticeships improved the quality of their product or service.
An apprenticeship programme offers a cost effective solution to your staffing needs and at the same time, you’ll be showing your business’s commitment to social responsibility and tackling unemployment.
If you would like more information on apprenticeships or wish to further discuss our services, please contact the Workplace Learning and Apprenticeships team on 020 7641 8186 or e-mail email@example.com.