Hospitality Pathways provide free training to those working in hospitality in the Greater London area. This training helps employees to progress in their career, and helps employers to recruit new talent, retain existing staff and promote internally.
The economic impacts of the Covid-19 outbreak were particularly severe for the hospitality sector, but there has never been a better time to look ahead to the future.
Through joint funding from the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Greater London Authority (GLA), eligible businesses and their employees can benefit from a training offer which is relevant to the hospitality sector, with remotely delivered training, including distance and online learning, and vocational training via Teams.
Work With Us
If you are interested in finding out more about our Hospitality Pathways please contact our ESF Project Coordinator Alexa Hipwood on AHipwood@waes.ac.uk
Skills for Hospitality
Benefits for businesses include helping to train up new recruits, retain skilled employees, as well as promote internally. Our free training programme offers courses on:
- Conflict Management
- Data Protection and Data Security
- Effective Communication in the Workplace
- English – Listen and Respond / Writing for Communication
- Leadership Skills
- Lean Organisation Management Techniques
- Maths – Making Calculations / Money, Time and Temperature
- Organising and Delegating
- Performance Management
- Principles of Customer Service in the Hospitality Sector
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions
- Stress Management
- Working with Customers
Employers can curate their own bespoke selection of our courses to integrate into their induction programme for new team members, or simply choose a course for an individual employee's continuing professional development (CPD).
Hospitality Pathways Flyers
Employee Eligibility Criteria
ESF support has no upper age limit, but the key requirements are that an individual must be:
- employed within the hospitality sector, demonstrated with a payslip or contract
- legally resident in the UK
- able to take paid employment in a European Union member state
Interested parties should contact Alexa Hipwood on AHipwood@waes.ac.uk to confirm if they meet the full ESF requirements.