How to use Microsoft Teams
This page has information for our learners who are using Microsoft Teams to attend online courses
How to join a meeting or class
To join a meeting or class go to the ‘Posts’ tab in your class Team and click on the meeting.
How to use the ‘Chat’ in a meeting
Click on the Chat/Conversation symbol to open a conversation space and start messaging your tutor and classmates in the box at the bottom.
How to Mute and Unmute in a meeting (turn your microphone on and off)
- To Mute your chat (turn your microphone off), click on the Microphone icon located on the toolbar in the meeting.
- To Unmute (switch the microphone on so that other people can hear you) click the button again.
- Make sure that you are muted when your tutor is talking so that you can understand them.
How to access Files
- Go to your Team and click on the Files tab at the top of the screen.
- Then you will find all of the files.
How to Share Video
- To share video, click on the camera icon.
- To stop sharing click the icon again.
- Do not share if you do not want to be seen by your classmates or to see anything in your background.
How to collaborate on a document (work together on the same document)
To collaborate on a document (work together on the document) open up the chat tab in a meeting and click on the three dots next to the document in chat. Then click ‘Open in Browser’.