Westminster Adult Education Service is the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest in the country. We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our further education qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community based provision. If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people's lives, we want to hear from you.
As a current Grade 2 Ofsted provider we are on our journey to outstanding and want someone to join the leadership team with a vision of attaining excellence in all we do.
Please check this page regularly for new opportunities. If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Freelance Apprenticeship Trainer/Assessor
We are recruiting for professional, dedicated, experienced and qualified freelance Trainer/assessors to provide training, support and assessment to Apprentices from in and around London in the following sectors:
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
If you are passionate about Apprenticeships and have the ability to teach, coach, support and assess Apprentices and you can be responsive to the needs of the organisation then we want to hear from you. Ideally you will have experience of support Apprentices with Additional Learning Needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building Schemes of Learning, Lesson Plans and resources where appropriate.
- Teaching Apprentices in a classroom environment and on line.
- Conducting bi monthly progress reviews.
- Liaising with employers.
- Providing monthly reports to Head of Area.
- Assessing progress.
- Preparing Apprentices for End Point Assessment.
- Embedding maths, English, British Values and Prevent in all teaching.
- Attending monthly Team Meetings and quarterly scandalisation meetings.
- Responding to management requests in a timely manner.
What we offer:
- A recognised qualification for the lifelong learning sector.
- Assessor qualification.
- Level 4 or above qualification within the sector in which you are training and assessing.
- Occupational competence from within the sector in which you are training and assessing.
- IT qualification at level 2 or above.
- Strong digital skills with the ability to deliver training and assessment remotely.
- IQA qualification desirable.
Trainer/Assessors will be paid a set amount per Apprentice. This is split into monthly payments with an additional amount paid upon the Apprentices passing EPA. Total value per Apprenticeship Standard is as follows:
||Skills Tutor Total Payment
|Business Administrator L3
|Customer Service Practitioner L2
|Customer Service Specialist L3
In addition to this you will be paid for attendance at meetings and staff training events, £14.14 per hour.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/979
The closing date is 9am Monday 1 March 2021.
Interviews for this post will take place shortly after the closing date.
To apply for this post, please download the Job Specification for the Apprenticeship Trainer/Assessor then please complete the Application Form and EO Monitoring Form below. When you have completed your application, please email the forms back to email@example.com
Employability Course Leader - Full Time (36 hours per week)
£29,901 - £35,538 per annum - depending on skills and experience
We are looking for an experienced and qualified course leader/tutor to deliver and assess qualifications from Level 1 to Level 3 to learners aged 19+ undertaking Traineeships, Employability programmes and Kick Start courses covering sectors such as, Public Sector, Health and Social Care, Digital Skills, Customer Service and Business Administration.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the qualification including teaching and assessment, providing support and guidance to learners, ensuring that they are challenged and that they complete their portfolio in a timely manner to the standard required to enable learners to achieve their qualification.
In addition to this, you will be supporting our Co-ordinator in dealing with the administration of our programmes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing resources and assignment briefs where appropriate.
- Delivery training and support both face to face and remotely to groups and/or individuals
- Carryout continuous diagnostic assessments as part of the learners’ journey.
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports.
- Ensuring all documentation (assignment briefs, tracking documents, progress reviews, Individual
- learning Plans, attendance registers, portfolios etc) are completed to a satisfactory level and in a
- timely fashion.
- Conduct Internal Quality Assurance activity as directed by the department Co-ordinator
- A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably PGCE or equivalent
- Recognised Assessor qualification
- An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours year)
- Occupational experience in Customer Service, Business Administration, Health and Social Care or Public service.
- IT qualification at level 2 or above
- Strong digital skills with the ability to deliver training and assessment remotely
What we offer:
We offer excellent employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/981
The closing date is 9am Monday 8 March. However applications will be considered as soon as they are submitted and suitable candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed before the closing date.
To apply for this post, please see the Job Description for this post and then complete the Application Form and EO Monitoring Form below.
When you have completed your application, please email the forms back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering means donating your time to help good causes and other people. Some people volunteer to learn a new skill or to meet new people, others want to get work experience or a reference. Many simply want to build their confidence and have fun.
WAES offer an exciting range of volunteering opportunities. You don’t even need to be a WAES student to apply but you do need to be over 18 years old.
Please register and apply for WAES opportunities at via this page or via the do-it website using this link.
If you are interested in volunteering with WAES, please complete this form and send it to email@example.com unless otherwise specified.
To find out more about volunteering in the City of Westminster visit their webpage or for national opportunities click here.
When you have applied for one of our positions we will invite you to attend a short interview to ensure you are the right person for the role and so that we can understand what you want out of the opportunity.
Current volunteering opportunities
Please keep an eye on our website for new opportunities.
Volunteering in Graphic Design
Some students want to make a positive contribution to society, while others want to acquire the skills needed to pursue certain careers. One thing is for sure, dedicating your time to a worthy cause goes a long way in impressing potential employers.
WAES is looking for volunteers who will work with the tutors to support students in online learning. As a volunteer you will need to demonstrate commitment to the industry, be of a proactive and independent nature and have the ability to communicate effectively.
In order to be selected as a volunteer, you will be required to provide information about your background, skill set, availability and interests, the Graphic Design team will then match you with a suitable placement.
Essential: Design skills, Photoshop / InDesign / Illustrator / Dreamweaver / AutoCAD (either/or)
Are you interested in becoming a governor?
Do you have an interest in education and training?
Do you want to help young people and adults of today develop into active and successful members of the community?
If so, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are looking for individuals with strong business acumen and a passion for education to join our Board of Governors and contribute to our drive to continue improving services for our learners and the local community.
All applications will be considered but we are currently particularly keen to recruit individuals with specific skills,
knowledge and experience in:
As a member of our Board you will have the opportunity to help shape our mission, strategic direction, values and ethos. The Governor Recruitment Pack (click to view) gives a brief insight to the organisation and information on how to apply via the application form (click to download). We look forward to hearing from you.